Parent Connection Programs
The Parent Connection raises funds to support programs that benefit and enrich the ISM community throughout the year. Programs funded wholly or in part by the Parent Connection include:
- AR Program
- Sponsoring and coordinating volunteers for Art Adventure
- Birthday Books
- Cultural Visits
- Family Bingo
- High School Prom
- and support of the graduating class with the purchase of their stoles
- ISM Against Hunger
- Provide financial support for the Upper School carnival hosted by SLO®
- Provide the Day of the Dead Bread and the croissants to the language departments
- RAR parties off campus that the middle school students earn
- Student Life
- Teacher/Staff Holiday Tea
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Used Uniform Sale
Last school year 2016-2017 Parent Connection had the pleasure to help support ISM, its teachers and its staff in many ways. We have also helped coordinate and recruit volunteers to help at many various events. Thanks to all of you who have contributed time, money, and support! We could not do any of this without the support of our parent and guardian community.These items were in addition to all of the activities we support financially and with time and energy on a regular basis including:
- Provide the materials for Mr. Nielsen to build the Gaga Ball Pit.
- Supply the helium for the successful weather balloon launch.
- Purchase two little libraries – one for in school and one for the outside at the entrance to the ISM campus.
- Coordinate volunteers for the lunch room to help speed up the transition to a new system.
- Purchase an upgraded telescope so Dr. Fisher can bring the stars to more students.
- Fund the creation of Bionic Eagle, which allowed students to refurnish an old video game arcade and build the computer system from components.
- Throw a rockin’ Halloween party for the lower school.